FLU VACCINATIONS 2019/20
Please call the surgery on 01491 838286 if you have not yet had your flu vaccination.
You are eligible for a flu vaccination if you are aged 65 or over, and if you are 18 to under 65 and have:
- chronic heart, lung, renal, liver disease
- a suppressed immune system
- a permanent household member with a suppressed immune system
- asthma requiring continuous inhaled steroids, or have had an exacerbation requiring steroid tablets
- had a stroke or TIA
- pregnant at any stage of your pregnancy
- if you are a carer
- if you are 65 by 31st March 2020
Children aged 2 and 3 years on 31st August 2019 will be eligible for the nasal flu vaccine and will be invited by text or letter to receive this in surgery only. We will not be offering immunisation of children at our adult flu clinics.
Children aged 4 - 10 years old will be eligible for the nasal flu vaccine as part of the universal programme offered in schools - this will not be provided by the surgery.
Children aged 11 - 17 years old that fall into an AT RISK category eg. asthmatic or diabetic, or who have a suppressed immune system, will be eligible for the nasal flu vaccine and will be invited by text or letter to have this in surgery.