FLU CLINIC 2019
SATURDAY 12TH OCTOBER 2019
Drop in Clinic - No appointment necessary
This clinic is for patients aged 65 or over, and for those who are 18 to under 65 who have:
- chronic heart, lung, renal, liver disease
- a suppressed immune system
- a permanent household member with a suppressed immune system
- asthma requiring continuous inhaled steroids, or have had an exacerbation requiring steroid tablets
- had a stroke or TIA
- pregnant at any stage of your pregnancy
- if you are a carer
- if you are 65 by 31st March 2020
Another date will be available in October if you are unable to attend this clinic but the sooner you have the vaccination the sooner you are protected.
Children aged 2 and 3 years on 31st August 2019 will be eligible for the nasal flu vaccine and will be invited by text or letter to receive this in surgery only. We will not be offering immunisation of children at our adult flu clinics.
Children aged 4 - 10 years old will be eligible for the nasal flu vaccine as part of the universal programme offered in schools - this will not be provided by the surgery.
Children aged 11 - 17 years old that fall into an AT RISK category eg asthmatic or diabetic, or who have a suppressed immune system, will be eligible for the nasal flu vaccine and will be invited by text or letter to have this in surgery.