Our District Nursing service is currently under significant staff changes, and this means they are operating out of Wallingford. Our voicemail number is no longer being used and patients are being asked to phone the District Nursing duty desk on 01865 903177, which will be answered by District Nursing staff between 8am and 4pm. We would be grateful if patients could use this number from now on to contact the District Nursing team.
The District Nursing service is designed for patients who cannot attend the surgery.
The service will accept requests for patients whose nursing needs are best met in the home environment or because the DNs have the specialist skills to meet the specific needs of the patient.
Requests for a District Nurse may be made by:
- Carers / relatives / friends
- Any health or social care professional
Those who require nursing assessment and care in support of any of the following areas may be seen by a District Nurse. This list shows examples of the ways District Nurses can help..…
- management and support of patients with long term conditions and illnesses eg diabetes, multiple sclerosis
- palliative and end of life care
- wound management eg post operative
- wounds, leg ulcers
- rehabilitation following surgery, disability, accident or illness
- promotion of self care through education and teaching of carers
- promotion of continence and assessment of continence problems
- health promotion, advice and support.
Once your treatment is complete or you are well enough to receive your care in an alternative setting you may be transferred / discharged from the service.
To contact District Nurses
Please feel free to ring on 01865 903177. At weekends and Bank Holidays the District Nurse can be contacted via the Out of Hours service on 111 (please ask for the District Nurse covering Benson).